Molded Assist Steps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rathmullan

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with "molded assist steps" on the the 3rd Gen Equinox. Formerly known as "running boards" back in the day. They are available as part of the "hit the road" package and I believe separately as well.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I have them. I like them, but my wife complains about them. She said they hit her in the calf when she steps out. she just steps over them.

20230323_181136[1].jpg

Rathmullan

Reaction score
Thanks! Whoa, I did not think about the wife -once again! (please don't tell her). I'm thinking I could use them as I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get into and out of my current SUV due to bad arthritis in both knees. Your wife does have a point though. If you choose not use them they'd represent another hurdle to getting in and out of the vehicle. I guess it would look really dumb just having an assist on just the driver side. Going to have to do more research on this one.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
See if you can find one at a local dealer that has them and take it for a test drive. Take your wife along and see what she thinks. When I get out i put my left foot on the board and right on the ground. It helps me. I have degenerative arthritis in my right knee. I think my wife is used to her crosstrek, which doesn't have the assist steps. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.