Intakes for 3.0 V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBrink3.0V6

Reaction score
anyone had any luck locating an intake supplier for this motor? I currently have a 2011 3.0 V6 fwd Equinox. Already have the k7n drop in filter.

thanks

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
The drop in filter is what I have right now. Some have tried to modify them but nothing truly any batter than the drop in filters.

EQUINKNOCKS777

Reaction score
I made a custom fit short ram cold air intake and now just last nite made a custom fit ram air tube connecting to end of the cold air intake. Without the ram air it makes big diff power wise I dunno about how much hp but you can def feel it on the ass dyno. I suggest it to any NOX owner. Passing on hiway is so much better add the magnaflow muffler and your really talkin. I cut off my cat sold it for 125$ bought the muffler welded it back together and for a v6 it sounds mean. Duals are next. I found a turbo setup online and I'm seriously thinkin about it. Takes the stock 185hp up to about 230 without a serious tune. Think tb SS but in NOX size. Yea buddy. When you see the dark purple NOX on 22s with purple hid lites fly by u you think that guys a serious NOX owner lol. I don't care I love it. First fwd car I've ever liked

JayLT484

Reaction score
I just went on ebay and got an air intake kit for $40 and I noticed a much better power difference and sound difference.

Paul79UF

Reaction score
I had a K&N open cone filter in my old Grand Prix 3.8L supercharged.

I'm not sure if it made much more power, but the sound was nice.

A simple open cone might be a good option for us. My '12 also has the LFA 3.0L V6. Although a CAI or fender well type setup would be better for extra HP or mileage.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Every intake I ever installed only made a louder sound in the engine. Other than that the fuel mileage wasn't any better or was it any quicker.

Once I added a tune to the z71, then I noticed some differences for sure. I don't know if if the intake had anything to do with that or not.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Every intake I ever installed only made a louder sound in the engine. Other than that the fuel mileage wasn't any better or was it any quicker.

Once I added a tune to the z71, then I noticed some differences for sure. I don't know if if the intake had anything to do with that or not.

Most intakes infact do just this, I've had dyno's done before where the intake actually caused a reduction in HP. They are nice for noise, but typically other restrictions are in place before the intake flow becomes an issue. I do like the sound on a Turbo/Supercharger though :), debating something for my A3 so I can hear to turbo at times lol

Members online

No members online now.