Infotainment Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emti309

Reaction score
My infotainment system started glitching registering phantom touches. I couldn’t get it to stop. Tried shutting it off it would just turn back on. I got mad a smacked it with my hand and cracked the screen. I have a replacement coming they’re easy to replace takes all of 15 minutes. My question is do I have to take it to the dealer to have reprogrammed? If so does anyone know what the normal cost is?

ricklack

Reaction score
If you are only replacing the screen there should be no need to reprogram. All the programming is in the head unit.

emti309

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I am only replacing the touch screen unit. I only asked because when I went to the dealer about it. They said it would be months to get the screen and then they would have to install and maybe reprogram it. What they didn’t say is that swapping out that screen is super easy and can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.