House was broken into and robbed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Wife and the dogs are safe. They busted the door casing on the back door off of the deck. Looks like they might have worked on it for a while but they used a pry bar before busting it out... I will have pictures later...

From what I can tell they stole a Ruger 270 black stock with stainless steel barrel and action with Simmons scope that was valued around $1200, a mossberg .22 rifle semi auto with scope $250, and a Mossberg 535 12 gauge pump shotgun $350...

They also took my coin savings a $27.86 so I hope they were planning on spending that on a please don't beat my ass free card...

What they left behind...

Wheatherby 270 with a Nikon scope. Mossberg 20 gauge and a Marlin .22 rifle scope action from the same room...

They left our tv, surround sound stereo, laptops, computers, and everything in the garage...

Johnston county sheriff just left and the detective should be calling me tomorrow.
:wtf?:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Wife and the dogs are safe. They busted the door casing on the back door off of the deck. Looks like they might have worked on it for a while but they used a pry bar before busting it out... I will have pictures later...

From what I can tell they stole a Ruger 270 black stock with stainless steel barrel and action with Simmons scope that was valued around $1200, a mossberg .22 rifle semi auto with scope $250, and a Mossberg 535 12 gauge pump shotgun $350...

They also took my coin savings a $27.86 so I hope they were planning on spending that on a please don't beat my ass free card...

What they left behind...

Wheatherby 270 with a Nikon scope. Mossberg 20 gauge and a Marlin .22 rifle scope action from the same room...

They left our tv, surround sound stereo, laptops, computers, and everything in the garage...

Johnston county sheriff just left and the detective should be calling me tomorrow.
:wtf?:

That is messed up....I always worry about this type of thing becuase I travel non-stop

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
You think it might be someone that you have known? Seems they knew exactly what they where going for, the change just means they where thirsty after looking around, but to not take any of the high dollar electronics really would make me wonder, seems they knew exactly what they wanted, just had to find it in the house

And WOW...we have the same cabinets, and a very similar paint scheme lol. Carpet is different, but thought your colors looked VERY familiary.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
You know the cop mentioned that and most everyone comes to the same conclusion. But I will say that if for any reason this person or persons was scoping out the house and peaking into windows than they knew what they were after. That room has no blinds and it is the only unpainted room as of right now. IF they spent a minute looking in they would have seen all the gun cases.

We have seen a mexican walking the neighborhood and a couple of neighbors have been weirded out by him. In fact one of the neighbors saw him walking through my yard and across the street walking along the highway. She had to wait for this punk to cross the street. This happened at 9:30pm the wife found the house broken into around 10pm.

So you would have to say that he was involved somehow... My neighbor did not see if he had anything with him but I think that I saw some tall grass that was laid down where he might have stashed the goods and came back for them later.
The cop and I searched the property but I did not look in that location thoroughly.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
How much did that cost? The thing that sucks is that these fools now have more guns to the collection. What, you a hunter or something?

The Door Jamb Armor was $94 bucks for the Universal kit. I think that its like $97 or 99 for the standard kit..

The only difference between the 2 kits is that the standard kit uses one bracket that encompasses the dead bolt and door knob. My universal kit has 2 brackets. I think that I'd rather have the standard kit but it was not in stock. And there was always that small chance that the door knob and dead bolt would not line up to the one bracket.

I got mine at Lowes Home Improvement but not all of the locations sell them... I had to go to Raleigh on the bad side of town or not so much bad but more theft. All the lowes by me do not have it so maybe the will now... :confused:

Yes I am a hunter. But I am not to be stopped even though my favorite shotgun is gone. My wife had just loaded up my bow and taken it to me earlier that evening. Needless to say my love for Bowhunting will be fulfilled this year! :cool:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
The Door Jamb Armor was $94 bucks for the Universal kit. I think that its like $97 or 99 for the standard kit..

The only difference between the 2 kits is that the standard kit uses one bracket that encompasses the dead bolt and door knob. My universal kit has 2 brackets. I think that I'd rather have the standard kit but it was not in stock. And there was always that small chance that the door knob and dead bolt would not line up to the one bracket.

Thats an interesting setup....I would like something like that, but in my place if they do not get in the front, just go to the back and I have 3 sliding glass doors :(.....A chair through any one of those would allow give access. Wonder if they make some good security film for the glass that isnt soo pricey :)

Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Thats an interesting setup....I would like something like that, but in my place if they do not get in the front, just go to the back and I have 3 sliding glass doors :(.....A chair through any one of those would allow give access. Wonder if they make some good security film for the glass that isnt soo pricey :)

I would talk to ADT they have the sensoring for glass shatter and some of these sytems are becoming wireless..

I have ADT coming monday!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I would talk to ADT they have the sensoring for glass shatter and some of these sytems are becoming wireless..

I have ADT coming monday!

I have westinghouse but its not monitored, was installed when I purchased the house. We all pay so much for the sense of security, I wonder if that sense is worth it sometimes.

I would like something on I could install on my network to let me know my garage is closed. SOmetimes I start to think in my rush/haze while leaving the house....Did I close the garage. And not really someone I can call to figure out that question.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have westinghouse but its not monitored, was installed when I purchased the house. We all pay so much for the sense of security, I wonder if that sense is worth it sometimes.

I would like something on I could install on my network to let me know my garage is closed. SOmetimes I start to think in my rush/haze while leaving the house....Did I close the garage. And not really someone I can call to figure out that question.

I am looking at just having the system installed. I don't know if I am going to have it monitored or not but I would like to have just as much security with just a armed system.

Another remedy for a slight improvement against theft is to switch those lever dead bolts to a key inside and out dead bolt.. I know its a pain but its one more deterrent against thieves. I have glass on either side of my door so thats why I am making this switch.

Members online