Help oil leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Hello first gen Noxer's...
I'm back here with an oil leak problem on the 2005 LT FWD.
I do my own oil changes. I just changed the oil a few days ago, same way as I always do. but I now have a pretty consistent drip.
After inspectiong I see the oil seems to be dripping from above the filter.

I'm guessing a gasket? oil pan gasket?
Does anyone have an engine diagram or pdf file that shows the engine diagram & I can use to identify what part/gasket I may need?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

mswerb

Reaction score
When you removed the old oil filter did the rubber gasket come off with it? I change my own oil, and sometimes the oil filter gasket sticks. Make sure to remove this before putting the new one on.

prheaume

Reaction score
^^ Agree with that !

It comes from the filter area ? I will look on mitchell back at work monday but I think there is a gasket between the oil filter housing and the cylinder block.

Dhola Sajan

Reaction score
Hey all when I drive I noticed crackling on my exhaust and noticed more when i am driving faster so I looked under the car and it looks like a little oil underneath but it doesn't get on the ground. I am thinking its leaking on the exhaust and evaporating maybe?don't know what it is ,.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts