gas cap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kastner03

Reaction score
am i the only one concerned that dirt and water will get in the capless fuel filler? i did my first fill up on the rain last night and there was water laying on the flap where you push the nozzle in just seems like a bad idea...[emoji107] it really wasn’t that hard to take the cap off has anyone tried something like this ?

Sent from my iPhone using 96de403233dc55240fe262b718af4444.jpgTapatalk

Last edited:

kastner03

Reaction score
it may or may not be a problem but i travel a dirt road a lot bc i don’t have a choice to avoid it and it gets pretty dusty i know water can drain out of the fuel filler above the second flapper so i don’t think getting a lot of water in the system should be a problem but i still worry about dust. i took measurements on a new silverado rental i had today and it has the same size filler as the nox so the above item will fit our vehicles. after discussing it with the service manager and him basically agreeing it’s a good idea i ordered one. most fords have a gasket around the fuel door to keep dust and water out... gm didn’t include that, probably in an effort to save about .19 cents per vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kastner03

Reaction score
update: got the above pictured cap, simple and fits perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.