Flat Towing my 2020 Equinox LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steelie53

Reaction score
I will be flat towing a 2020 Equinox LS FWD. Had an RV shop install Roadmaster base plate, Roadmaster Invisibrake, universal wiring kit, universal stop light switch kit, and Roadmaster charge line. My question concerns the running lights. The emergency flashers, turn signals, and brake lights all work as expected. However, the running lights do not work unless turned on in the Equinox. Has anyone on this forum had this issue? As I just had the install done I’m not sure if I will have a dead battery issue. I’m guessing the wiring kit was not installed correctly.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Moonwink

Reaction score
Your motorhome should power the tail/stop lights through diodes which allow the Equinox systems or the motorhome to light them. They're there to prevent any conflicts between the two systems. For example, stepping the brake pedal in the Equinox should light the brake lights and so should stepping on the brake pedal in the motorhome.

Follow the instructions in the owner's manual for your Equinox to flat tow it. Without reading it, I wouldn't think the battery should run down while being towed but the owner's manual is the final word. If it says a fuse has to be pulled or the battery has to be disconnected, then that's what you'll need to do.

Moonwink

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.