Flat Tow battery discharge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRFoster

Reaction score
My 2019 AWD can be flat towed and manual says no fuse needs to be pulled but needs charging. I have done this but the battery still drains on long trips. I have worked on this for three years and have found a fix. I was looking at the draw from each fuse and found that the radio fuse F42, from the inside fuse box, had a large draw even with the radio off. After removing the fuse, I drove 8 hours and the battery stayed fully charged. If you are having a discharge issue with the 2019 and newer Equinox, try pulling the F42 fuse. Worked for me.

2019 Equinox

Reaction score
I have a 2019 FWD, having same problem, we have a charge line, and have towed 10,000 miles or more, after have problem, I have stopped every 2.5 hours and ran the car for 10 to 15 minute, last time out, after driving 3 hours battery was dead. May try pulling F42, thanks for the informatio.

Jim-Carol

Reaction score
Newbe here.. Have 2018 Premiere. Was towing fine with charge line for 4 to 6 hours. Now doesn't and have to jump. Battery would go to 12.2 volts when sitting overnight but still start. Replaced battery yesterday. Did some trouble shooting yesterday . Charge line had 14 + volts but battery after driving car all day read 12.2 and would not take any charge....seems like battery monitor system is not letting take charge. Wired charge line to one of the empty spaces under battery cover. Any thoughts? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.