First Recall for my Equinox... Computer Module *Updated 7/2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Got a letter the other day for a recall... Has something to do with the software that controls the heating, air conditioning, defrost, and radio controls as well as the panels illumination to become inoperative.

What GM wants to do with these models is switch out the computer module that controls all this...

Install time is around 20 minutes but your dealer may require more time for your vehicle to be in and a shuttle service or curtesy vehicle will be provided if you are in "New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

I will keep you updated on this one..

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
So the wife and I took the Nox in today... All it says from the action in my first post was that it was completed.

But the also performed a couple more procedures...

-Power Steering line may retain moisture, the removed powersteering line heat sleeves.

-Service Update for EVAP Emissions Diagnostic, Installed EVAP Jumper hoses and reprogrammed ecm and tcm...

granite black

Reaction score
Thanks! I have been happy with the new nox. I love everything except the lack of getup. But I have to say I traded in an 08 TBSS on it. The power of that was great,, sadly the mileange was reeeely bad,, got around 12.
T.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks! I have been happy with the new nox. I love everything except the lack of getup. But I have to say I traded in an 08 TBSS on it. The power of that was great,, sadly the mileange was reeeely bad,, got around 12.
T.

So what did you get? Did you buy the V6? I know that there is a Trifecta tune available for the Nox but surely not going to surpass the power of the TBSS :p!

I would like to see pictures if you got them of the TBSS and the Nox when you get a chance!

Also, What brought you to the site? Just curious to know...

granite black

Reaction score
sadly,, got the 4 cyl... but I was going for mpg. 2LT with roof, power gate, leather, etc. very nice quiet ride.

I like to get on the forums of cars I own to check out recalls, things to watch out for etc.

I will try to post up some pics,,, of the ss I traded in (sic powa)
and the 11 nox.

Since I got the grandpa cruiser (sorry) Now I can look at something I can run at the track this spring :)

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
sadly,, got the 4 cyl... but I was going for mpg. 2LT with roof, power gate, leather, etc. very nice quiet ride.

I like to get on the forums of cars I own to check out recalls, things to watch out for etc.

and the 11 nox.

Since I got the grandpa cruiser (sorry) Now I can look at something I can run at the track this spring :)

I looked around for a TBSS after selling my Cobat SS/TC (turbo charged). I really miss the power of the Balt, it was a upper 12sec car in the quarter, and loved doing scca racing when it was around (track as it was more of a track car than a drag.....few cars could hang with it). But I got into supercharged watercraft.....so I went w/ the Nox to pull it along and gear when I do trips :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score

and the 11 nox.

Well we are glad that you found this site! Its new and we want it to grow! Looking for a ton more members !

Can't wait to see those pictures!

So what do you have in mind for a car to take to the track?

Thinking about a GTO or a G8? I like those cars!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I looked around for a TBSS after selling my Cobat SS/TC (turbo charged). I really miss the power of the Balt, it was a upper 12sec car in the quarter, and loved doing scca racing when it was around (track as it was more of a track car than a drag.....few cars could hang with it). But I got into supercharged watercraft.....so I went w/ the Nox to pull it along and gear when I do trips :)

You know a couple of my friends have purchased TBSS here lately! Sweet rides!

Do you have any videos of your Cobalt?

It would be sweet to see those!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
You know a couple of my friends have purchased TBSS here lately! Sweet rides!

Do you have any videos of your Cobalt?

It would be sweet to see those!

No video's but some pictures.....I always wanted to get a hd camcorder (was looking at them when I sold it), but I did get one for the sea doo adventures (LOL)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No video's but some pictures.....I always wanted to get a hd camcorder (was looking at them when I sold it), but I did get one for the sea doo adventures (LOL)

Its definitely something that I would like to have but don't ever have the money to just go out and buy one. And now with the holidays rapidly approaching. Yeah not for a whilenow...

EQUINKNOCKS777

Reaction score
Sorry to jack this thread fellas new here haven't seen anything about the supposed recall on 07 NOX sum kinda fuel issue. Anyone heard?

Members online

Latest posts