dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Equinox that seems to make my wife happy other than the rear glass is always covered with dust. We live on a gravel road so this is an everyday problem. Does anyone have any ideas other than trade?

mswerb

Reaction score
Put it in the garage, if you have one.
Buy yourself a California Car Duster.
What is trading it in going to do?
Living on a gravel road does not help, dust will get on any car. Not just an Equinox.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
There are a couple threads here with aftermarket mud flaps. I will throw them at you later. But I have to wonder if that will help.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Tony

Reaction score
The dust I am talking about is on the glass so heavy that you can not see out. The other suv's we have had did not have this problem. Subaru offers a deflector to solve this problem. I was hoping at least one other Equinox owner had this same problem and found a fix.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
The dust I am talking about is on the glass so heavy that you can not see out. The other suv's we have had did not have this problem. Subaru offers a deflector to solve this problem. I was hoping at least one other Equinox owner had this same problem and found a fix.

You've got me interested in finding a fix for this.

Previously, did you have something like this that deflected the dust on the rear window?

rear%20window%20deflector-500x500.jpg

oldkid

Reaction score
dusty

I have noticed the same thing about our 2014 . It is much worst than our Cherokee. Have not tried to fix. I have the wipe off mop someone suggested.

nsmilligan

Reaction score
This is how my 2018 Equinox rear window looks after a few miles of dirt road. Does anybody make an aftermarket deflector for the Equinox, or a universal one that will work?

Bill

Attachments

• ResizerImage729X410.jpg
    ResizerImage729X410.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 10

victorvdc

Reaction score
I dont have my Equinox yet but had the same problem with my last two square back cars. Seems the spoiler creates a vortex to give you better gas mileage but messes with the rear window.

Last car I pulled the spoiler off and it was a lot better. Had to put it on for the tail light so I just cut slots in it to allow air to flow better to the window.

If your Equinox spoiler is just bolted on and you are daring remove it for a test drive to see if that makes an improvement. The hole drilling thing is scary but hardly noticeable if done carefully.

A tiltable wing would be a nice option but I cant find one.

Bottom line is the more clean air you can deflect down of the roof the cleaner you window wil be.

victorvdc

Reaction score
Here is a really out of the box idea that I would try but I dont have my Equinox yet.

I think the spoiler is bolted to the side mounts . If so extend the bolts and with washers raise the spoiler half an inch so it forces air under to the window like a scoop.

It may be "mission impossible" and the spoiler may hit the roof when you open the hatch . Just a though.

victorvdc

Reaction score
BTW: I tried numerous mud flaps and they don't help. See the lip along the side near the bottom of your doors. That is the best thing for deflecting dirt away from a car. And most cars now have it built in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts