DRL's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallbump

Reaction score
So, we realized the DRL's aren't working on out 05 Nox.

When they should be kicking on, the green indicator light on the dash flashes several times. The low beans do work.

My wife read there is some control or sensor that goes bad.

Anyone know about this?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I know Generally when the DRL flashes its to let you know a bulb is burnt out. Since the 05-09 Nox's use one bulb for highs and Low's did you happen to check if both your high beams work?

If they do, it could be a couple of things....

Ambient Light Sensor, DRL relay

tallbump

Reaction score
I did not check the hi's.

The lows definitely both work.

The headlights will come on when set to auto so I am thinking maybe the DRL relay.

So, where is it and how do I check it?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would check in the box under the hood if I am thinking right. Should be close to the battery in a box and it might have fuses with it. It should be marked on the lid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tallbump

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I'll check tonight.

I wish I had the FSM's for the Nox. Might have to check out Amazon or Ebay

oleg1981

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I'll check tonight.

I wish I had the FSM's for the Nox. Might have to check out Amazon or Ebay

here you have repair manual for equinox.
http://hotfile.com/dl/56840718/d827...inox_2005-2008_Service_Repair_Manual.zip.html

the DRL relly is located in the fuse box under the hood. near all the computers on the right side of the engine.
_2005-Equinox-Underhood-Fuse-Block-Label-DRL-Relay.gif

if the ambient light sensor is not working properly it can send the wrong signal to the drl system. but its the last thing to check!

prheaume

Reaction score
I'll go this order:

-Check the bulbs if they light up at all functions (hi,low, in this case we know that DRL arn't working)

-Look at the DRL relay if all's ok. You should be able to make it click with a tester (don't know the english term for the thing with a + and - wire that test the power). Look at it physically too because when it's burned it will be all cracked up.

- If the bulb and relay are good, look at the wire between them. Again if all is good I will recommend to test the switch. But I don't think you will reach the 3rd spot !

Let me know !

tallbump

Reaction score
I'll keep you guys posted. Probably won't get to it til Wednesday though.

Thanks guys

tallbump

Reaction score
Well, that didn't work:confused:

What witch should I check? The one on the column?
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tallbump

Reaction score
Silly question..what do I check for? Besides any obvious signs like cracking or something.

oleg1981

Reaction score
Silly question..what do I check for? Besides any obvious signs like cracking or something.

Disconnect it and se if it will give any error.
Here is the schematics for the ambient light sensor and i think you can test it with a multimeter to see if it works. -It should have a 5 volt reference voltage on the gray wire and 1.7-4.7 volts on the white wire with the sensor plugged in. (light state) -it should have a 5 volts reference voltage on the gray wire and 0.2-1.0 volts on the white wire with the sensor plugged in. (dark state) so you can hook up a volt meter and test for voltage while you have the sun shining on the sensor and while you block the light source. If all that is ok then you may have a different problem.
533690.gif

tallbump

Reaction score
Ok, I can do that. Two more questions, do I get to those wires under the dash? I can find the sensor easy enough but I don't know how to access the wires.

If I need to replace the sensor, how does it come out?

Members online

No members online now.