Disappointed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noxy

Reaction score
Well I tried out the new 2018 Nox and was very disappointed. I first tried out a 2017 LT and was impressed with how quiet and the ride was very comfortable. The cargo area was on the small side for this class however te seats were comfortable and the vehicle was very sharp in the red.
Salesman put us in the 2018 LT and there was no comparison and I felt was a step backwards. The vehicle is smaller and the interior I found to be very unwelcome. The dash was plastic and harder than a poker chip! The seats were on the small side and were not comfortable. On a long trip I am not sure how they would be? When I told the salesman of what I felt he put my wife and I into a Premium model. This is the top model he indicated and it was nicer but at $41K I did not feel it was worth it. That $41K price here in Canada brings a lot of other luxury compacts into the picture which are of better quality than the Nox. I am sure they will be popular but I was very disappointed and founf the 2017 to be a nicer vehicle overall and showed more quality in and out. Is the new Nox built in China? If it is it shows. The same goes for the new Buick Envaison. Tried that out as well and it was very cheap inside and out.

Just my opinion here but I think the Nox took a step backward while all of the other choices in this class are moving forward.

noxy

Reaction score
Wow....I guess the standards for GM have dropped!! Lol!!!!:lol:

sordid

Reaction score
My wife's lease on her 2014 Equinox 2LT v6 is up, so we went to the dealer the other day and left completely underwhelmed.

I was really interested in a 2018, as there are better deals on the 2017's and the wife has been completely satisfied with her '14.

First off, the dealer told me that v6 Equinoxes are extremely hard to find. He found a total of 3 in a 450 mile radius, and they were all spoken for.

The wife wanted to try the 4-cyl '17. She was saying "oh it won't be that bad." As soon as she hit the gas she literally said "what the f---"

Then for the heck of it we tried out the 2018 Equinox. I like the styling, but that's about it. It definitely feels smaller and more cramped and the seats are terribly uncomfortable. At 6'4" I could comfortably fit in a pre-18 Equinox. Hell, I could fit comfortably in a Ford Focus. But this new Equinox? Not a chance. Engine performance was adequate, but certainly wasn't like the v6. It also costs too damn much for what you get.

The only option we had left for an SUV no bigger than a pre-18 Equinox was the Chevrolet Trax. It was cute, and moved well enough but the engine sounded like it was dying just cruising on surface streets. Still better than 2.4 Equinox though.

They also had a screaming deal on it for a lease that we _almost_ took, that is until I rolled into a GMC dealer and got a smoking deal on a Terrain v6 SLT for the same price we paid as the '14 Equinox...

Members online