DAMN YOU GM!!!! (2005-2006 Nox Fuel pump)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chowboy

Reaction score
Needless to say I have had the same issues and just replaced my fuel pump.
I hope you replaced them under the "special warranty" through GM. My fuel pump was leaking gas to the point it was puddling up underneath the suv. Called a local dealer and went through the process. Saved me about 1500

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Ok, so as mentioned in another thread, I thought I was having fuel pump problems. I finally got an afternoon to diagnose the issue yesterday. Here are my findings.

First off, here's normal ops for an Equinox fuel pump.
Normal idle pressure- 56-52psi
After shut off, regulator should only allow <8psi drop off after 5 minutes.

Mine:
Idle pressure: 59psi
After 5 minutes: 47psi
After 15 minutes: 42psi

Weaksauce.

Ok, so no biggie. I need a pressure regulator, right? NO!!! HELLL NO! GM, in their infinite wisdom- decided that a pump with a built in regulator and filter would be better off than seperate units. This summabish costs $497.00 from Autozone!

I've placed a call to the dealer I purchased it from to see if they feel inclined to assist in this purchase since I called only a couple weeks after buying it to inform them that it didnt want to start intermittently. We'll see what they say Monday.

(I knew I should have purchased that Escape instead! LOL :shocked:)
Can they be purchased at a salvage yard.

Members online

No members online now.