CEL Stalling and no oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xx1jpt5xx

Reaction score
Hi,

My g/f bought a 2012 equinox back in August with around 41000 miles (it has around 45000 on it now). Just yesterday after getting gas she said the car stalled when put in drive than the engine light came on. When she got home I took a look and happen to check the oil. it was bone dry (her oil life says 45% btw). This looks to be a common occurance after the research i've done.

So how screwed is she?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry that this happened and hopefully it is a easy fix. The car is under warranty so hopefully it is a issue that the can cover the work on it. If she never checked the oil and neglected it, I would hate to know what the outcome would be. Through being that it only had 40k miles it had to be a certified pre-owned. I would assume that the dealer would be responsible since the certified pre-owned vehicles should come with freshly changed oil.

It's a shame, that's a nice car. I have seen Suburbans with 60k miles come into the auto body shop that have been wrecked. A few of them never had a oil change and no oil on the dipstick. We repaired one and before customer pickup, we added 3 qts to put it in the operating range. No Engine light though.

Members online

No members online now.