Pcv and stalling issue related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtrannyman

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I bought a 2011 Equinox with the 2.4 (ya, I know) with a bad trans. Being that I’ve done transmissions for years, and the vehicle being pretty nice, I figured a good project to fix and resell!
And then….
The random stalling issue. I could drive 10 miles or one or perhaps a half hour before it started to stumble and kill out. Very annoying. It’d run beautifully and suddenly act up but I never knew when. It wasn’t the high pressure pump. It wasn’t helped by that highly-touted oil thickener neither. I felt so stumped. So I decided to yank the intake. And here it that stupid GM design that plugs with ease. There is NO Pcv valve, just a Pcv circuit. A small one. But it isn’t just this hole that everyone talks of. It’s a channel that meanders through the manifold and comes out into the intake runners. Mine was plugged. Carb spray and compressed air over and over and I heard a change. And after while, a good amount of flow!! I doubted it’d fix my situation but (yes new intake gaskets were installed too) the stalling is GONE. I ran it over and over. Piled on many miles and it ran flawless.
I don’t know why but this was the answer for me. And I thought that maybe, it’d help someone else

Attachments

• F5A4A5F3-CCC5-4808-8D7A-DE271BE6F7FE.jpeg
    F5A4A5F3-CCC5-4808-8D7A-DE271BE6F7FE.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 12
  • ED7C226E-2EEE-4B70-A824-7DC30F0A7746.jpeg
    ED7C226E-2EEE-4B70-A824-7DC30F0A7746.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: sms

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I added an external PCV system that completely eliminated oil consumption.

Members online

No members online now.