Brake smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Hi all!

yesterday I stop at the bank and noticed a burning brake smell. Some smoke coming from my rear left wheel as well. I touched my wheel and it was hot as hell. So I took back the truck, start to roll and violently apply the brake like 2 or 3 times. Had to do 60 miles of road, everything went well, my wheel was cold, noticed tonight a little burning smell but no more smoke or hot wheels. I'll have to check it out but to me sounds like a caliper that is starting to jam, your call ?

G089372

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing at 150k on my 07 NOX. You have a caliper sticking intermittently causing overheating. The heat is melting the rubber boots on the caliper pins and causing the smell. Bring to a shop and have them replace the brake fluid hoses. Mine was caused by pieces of the brake hose breaking off inside the hose. They will intermittently block fluid to the caliper causing it to malfunction. Resist recommendations to replace the rotors and the calipers. They are fine. They will argue the heat has damaged 1 or more rotors.

Members online

No members online now.