Blower problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaws

Reaction score
If anyone could help, I would appreciate it big time. I thought my '06 nox blower had failed so I replaced it. I had the same result with the new blower.... No power. So I replaced the resistor and still nothing. I decided to check the voltage at the switch. The meter read 6 volts for all speeds and at the blower the voltage read the same also. Why doesn't the blower work at all? What do I test next? Is the visit to the dealer the next step? I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
If anyone could help, I would appreciate it big time. I thought my '06 nox blower had failed so I replaced it. I had the same result with the new blower.... No power. So I replaced the resistor and still nothing. I decided to check the voltage at the switch. The meter read 6 volts for all speeds and at the blower the voltage read the same also. Why doesn't the blower work at all? What do I test next? Is the visit to the dealer the next step? I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

I would check the wiring harness plug ins to make sure they do not need to be replaces..

I have a 2005 2500hd work truck that the blower stopped working. The resistor and connectors needed to be replaced.

Jaws

Reaction score
All fixed now! It happened to be a burnt wire in the harness behind the drivers side trim. Glad to have heat again, yay!

debbyb71

Reaction score
Moms 06 does nothing when dial for low/high is turned on - thanks for your posts now I know what to look for . any suggestions on what to try first?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

equilover

Reaction score
Blower

I would suggest that you go check the blower resistor first.

debbyb71

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back with the solution - you were right it was the resistor

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

debbyb71

Reaction score
5b51521536af35018cedeecc8da0a8b7.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

debbyb71

Reaction score
Blower stopped working again. Haven't tore into it yet to see if its the same as before like pic of melted resistor. what would cause it to do it? Any thoughts? Thanks for the help

Members online