Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickdsd

Reaction score
Android Auto has stopped connecting to my Samsung S22+. Any info concerning why this may have happened and how to correct would be helpful.

Thank you.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Last month I tried to used Android Auto (2018 Silverado) to go up to my brother-in-laws cottage and it would not work. It said I needed to update and I was thinking it was in the truck. My wife used her cell and Google maps to get us there. So later on the way home I plugged in my phone for the heck of it and Android Auto worked fine. I am not sure what happened but it works fine now whenever I use it.

Milham

Reaction score
Android Auto has stopped connecting to my Samsung S22+. Any info concerning why this may have happened and how to correct would be helpful.

Thank you.
We have the same problem with our Samsung S21+ in our 2020 Equinox. To get Google Maps, Waze or the phone calling to work through the entertainment system we have to plug it into the vehicle by using a cable. It will not connect via Bluetooth. We have updated the entertainment system while at home using our home WiFi. My wife did some research and it seems related to Samsung more than Android Auto but it's difficult to confirm.

T_J_L

Reaction score
I have a Samsung S20 and although mine connects, it will disconnect and reconnect several times an hour. I've tried several different ports in the vehicle and numerous new cables. None fix the issue. I also have a 2018 Chevy Colorado, it doesn't do it at all in that vehicle.

CoolDad

Reaction score
Android auto only works with a USB connection. Why they can not do an update and allow Bluetooth is beyond me. The unit has Bluetooth so fix it.

jarhead90

Reaction score

Thank you.
I'll offer this suggestion. Try uninstalling an re installing Android Auto on your phone. Android Auto updates every now and then. Once it's reinstalled you might be able to connect.

ewarrior

Reaction score
AutoAndroid auto only works with a USB connection. Why they can not do an update and allow Bluetooth is beyond me. The unit has Bluetooth so fix it.
GM added this feature to the '22 models. Android and Car play wireless.

Reaction score
Ha, yeah, had so mucho trouble wit my 2019 cell paired I finally just scrapped. Piece o shit, for as I am concerned.

Fabiliz_5

Reaction score
Following as I'm in the same deal.

Switched from Amazon music to Spotify and between YT and Google Searches, none of the fixes are working.

Bluetooth only works for Calls on my '12 Equinox and the USB whence connected, 'No Files Found' .

Definitely need that music Playlist for road trips and help on this connection lack will be greatly appreciated.

'12 Equinox
Samsung S22
Spotify
Has it ever worked for you? I'm pretty sure that's just the way it is unless yours has the streaming module.

My 2011 doesn't have it but maybe try this

CoolDad

Reaction score
The audio and phone functions work over Bluetooth. It's the Andriod Auto that the software doesn't support.

billy_j844

Reaction score
Android auto only works with a USB connection. Why they can not do an update and allow Bluetooth is beyond me. The unit has Bluetooth so fix it.
If I remember correctly, you need Android version 9.0 (maybe it's 10.0) to work with Bluetooth.

ewarrior

Reaction score
Android & Car Play wireless is available in 2022 Equinox. It requires software and hardware updates, so is not available for 2018-2021 Equinox. Maybe a GM technician could talk more about it.

ricklack

Reaction score
Android Auto works fine in my 22 via bluetooth - while I agree this should be easily fixed with a software update, is it really that hard to connect via USB cable on older Nox? I usually plug my phone in to charge anyway - but I use my charger in the AC outlet so it charges faster. If I needed it connected to the USB data it would just charge slower but don't see it as a big inconvenience. In fact, when my wife is in the car we use the USB to charge her phone.

SteveK

Reaction score
resurrecting this old thread.

I have discovered Android Auto. Works fine with cable. I have read that initially the S22 was able to work with it, then an update allowed my S20 to connect. Both the 2019 Equinox and S20 have the capability for wireless yet it only works with cable. Seems that a year ago the problem existed.

Anyone found the solutions.

Members online

No members online now.