A/C not blowing with Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCicale

Reaction score
My wife has a 2016 equinox. According to her, whenever she's on a call using her Bluetooth, the A/C barely blows. I haven't checked it out myself. I checked the manual and there's no mention of this feature. Figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has experience with this before I bring it in. My thoughts are that it has something to do with reducing background noise, but it wouldn't make sense to lose all ability to keep cool. Anyone have experience with this? TIA

ricklack

Reaction score
I just got a 2013 with Auto climate and it does the same. When you get a call it reduces the fan speed. I haven't tried it with Auto turned off (manual mode) but just read in the manual that there are settings in the config menu that might allow you to adjust how much it reduces when you get a call. Check under Vehicle Personalization. I have to play with it, just got the car last night. Given the model year difference they may not be exactly the same tho.

ricklack

Reaction score
I got to play with things a bit, hopefully things work the same on your 2016.

On my 2013 I found that the config settings do not affect the fan speed lowering when you get a phone call. I also found that on manual it does the same thing, lowers fan speed when a call comes in.

However, I found that once you answer the call you can manually increase the fan speed with the fan speed dial. The system will knock the fan speed down to 2 or 3, I find speed 4 gives a decent amount of air while not affecting the phone call very much. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.