A/C runs hot occasionally.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
My 2014 has been trouble free for 73,000 miles except the 3 or 4 times during the Summer at startup the A/C comes on but runs hot for 2-10 minutes then it gets cold and works fines for days, weeks or even months. I believe it's something under the dash that isn't opening or closing immediately but eventually does. I had a similar problem with a vacuum fitting on an Oldsmobile 30 years ago but it never got cold until it was finally diagnosed and repaired. This is so intermittent that the mechanic can't actually catch it happening so he is hesitant to replace it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone with a modern car that works differently than my Olds and what was the cost to have it repaired?

Fabiliz_5

Reaction score
Can you tell if the compressor kicks on when it's not getting cold? If it is, then it's probably a blend door actuator in the dash. If it doesn't kick on, it might have to do with the intake system. Weird thing that happened on my son's Malibu: I disconnected the Mass Airflow Sensor to clean it and forgot to connect it. He started the car and the AC wouldn't work. Even after I connected it, it took a day for it to start working again.

Members online

No members online now.