????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dman1948

Reaction score
I'm old new here..was a member long ago, left and now I'm back.
Here is my question: I have a 2011 LTZ 2.4 FWD Equinox and what to know what his the nob on the steering mark with a "Gear" Sign..I have been putting in 70/80 gear oil in it, but every time I check it, it appear to be low so I put more in..Its what the parts store recommends. I find no leaks what so ever under neath the vehicle.

When you open the hood and look down on the drivers side (straight) down to the gear box (Its on top of it)..

Sure could use some help with this. And no the parts store did not tell me what it was.

Thanks
dman1948

dman1948

Reaction score
Wow, I'm sure surprise that no one knows what this is...
Dman1948

dman1948

Reaction score
Okay, For all you folks who reply to me.. I finally got in touch with my mech..and the bad news is...drum roll...You put transmission fluid in there..I didn't know you could put tranny fluid in the new models..Well you can...And now that I put 80/90 gear oil there I have to get it out..Flush time coming..So now you all know what that gear box sign on the what it appears the sterling box.

TARDIS B

Reaction score
I just saw this. This forum is pretty dead. Yes you were adding to the transmission fluid. You can drain it and fill it with 4.6 qts of transmission fluid. Do that every every 500miles of each fuel fill-up about four or five times until it looks like nice clean red fluid. A flush might hurt the transmission and cause it to fail.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just saw this. This forum is pretty dead. Yes you were adding to the transmission fluid. You can drain it and fill it with 4.6 qts of transmission fluid. Do that every every 500miles of each fuel fill-up about four or five times until it looks like nice clean red fluid. A flush might hurt the transmission and cause it to fail.

Hopefully this slow forum will change with some new activity. Planning on updating this forum to a newer software. Stay Tuned! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts