3 chimes while driving but no notifications in the informatuon center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galastrasza

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Equinox( bought it in Apr '22) and about a week ago it started chiming 3 times while driving or parked and the are no warning lights I. The information center. It's not faulty door switches, interior lights, tire pressure, seat belts. I have put my ODB reader on just incase a light wasn't lighting, no faults from the ODB. The chimes are getting very annoying as it randomly happens and I cannot think of what else to check. Any suggestions are appreciated.

comp

Reaction score
my 17 does it when im charging my cell phone,,,the pass. airbag light flashes then to,,,unplug,,restart car gone,,,i got used to it lol

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Just the weight of my Garmin GPS unit sitting on my seat will intermittently cause my seatbelt chime. It's not nonstop, it comes and goes during a drive until I realized what was causing it. If you have nothing on the seat then maybe there is a problem with the sensor.

scan2

Reaction score
agree with autoworker 74. I brought one of those seatbelt clips things to just plug into it when i have stuff on the seat, or you can just buckle the passenger seat belt, but in an accident the airbag will deploy

firedette

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Equinox( bought it in Apr '22) and about a week ago it started chiming 3 times while driving or parked and the are no warning lights I. The information center. It's not faulty door switches, interior lights, tire pressure, seat belts. I have put my ODB reader on just incase a light wasn't lighting, no faults from the ODB. The chimes are getting very annoying as it randomly happens and I cannot think of what else to check. Any suggestions are appreciated.
i had that going on an the guy @Q the gas station (tire air hahaha) said if u have something in the passenger seat and no seatbelt on it( lol) purse etc.. It will do that! haha worked for me!

comp

Reaction score
agree with autoworker 74. I brought one of those seatbelt clips things to just plug into it when i have stuff on the seat, or you can just buckle the passenger seat belt, but in an accident the airbag will deploy
i can have 10-15 ibs of junk in seat and nothing till i plug in phone charger in the console

spaycace

Reaction score
I have multiple vehicles that do this ... I just fasten the passenger side seat belt if I have something sitting on the seat.

Members online