2023 Climate Controls reset is this "normal"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pkreimer

Reaction score
Hi all, first post!

We have a 2023 and wondering if it's normal for the climate controls to not return to the settings they were on when we turned the car off..

It constantly reverts to temp all the way down, blower all the way up and blowing from the upper vents.

This wasn't a big deal in the summer, now that it's cold it's just a pain to have to set to "synch" (or turn up both climate knobs) turn temp up, turn blower down and change to feet...

I don't see anyone else anywhere questioning this or complaining so I am thinking this isn't normal.

IDK for sure but seem to remember this happening since new.

ricklack

Reaction score
No, this is not normal. On my 2013 and now 2022, they both kept the temp, defrost/other, and fan settings from when I turned it off. I always make it a point in the winter to set it to defrost just in case I want to remote start it and have it heat up the windshield.

You need to take it to the dealer and have them check - I agree with Vern, a reprogram might fix this. I am assuming yours is still under warranty.

I just thought of one thing you could try before going to the dealer. Go into the settings menu on your Infotainment display and reset factory defaults. You may have to reset a few settings if you changed them, but that would be minor if it fixes the issue.

Members online