2022 lT Acceleration Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpachn

Reaction score
After slowing down for traffic I attempted to accelerate and nothing happened. This happened several times in a row. I didn't stop completely each time. No codes were sent.

kskruser

Reaction score
gpachn - By any chance did you have adaptive cruise engaged? That would do it if there was still any slow traffic ahead.

-Richard

gpachn

Reaction score
gpachn - By any chance did you have adaptive cruise engaged? That would do it if there was still any slow traffic ahead.

-Richard
I don't think cruise was engaged. The speed limit was only 35 MPH and it was almost stop and go.

ricklack

Reaction score
Even is adaptive cruise is on, you can help it accelerate using the gas pedal - I do this all the time as sometimes the adaptive cruise doesn't kick in fast enough for my liking.

Auto stop restarts the engine so fast you don't even get any hesitation, so that is unlikely cause. Engine runs before I can get my foot from brake to gas.

Does this happen often, or was it a one off?

gpachn

Reaction score
It happened a few times in a row. Has not happened since.

ricklack

Reaction score
Just a thought - the manual says that you can experience some quirks the first 6,400km (@ 4,000 miles). I had some odd messages and stuff that went away at first:

On new vehicles, the various mechanical and
electrical systems experience a “break-in”
period during the first 6 400 km (4,000 mi)
of routine driving. As the vehicle is driven,
the mechanical systems adjust to provide
optimal fuel economy and transmission shift
performance.
Electrical systems will adapt and calibrate
during the break-in period. A one-time
occurrence of clicks and similar vehicle
noises is normal during this process.

Since that time, the oddball stuff disappeared, so far for good. Hopefully that is what you experienced. If not, you know where the dealer is.

After 6,400 km, or a little before that, I noticed a marked increase in power and gas mileage. This coincides with my switch to premium gas so can't say which caused the big improvement and am not inclined to go back to regular to find out LOL

gpachn

Reaction score
Just a thought - the manual says that you can experience some quirks the first 6,400km (@ 4,000 miles). I had some odd messages and stuff that went away at first:

On new vehicles, the various mechanical and
electrical systems experience a “break-in”
period during the first 6 400 km (4,000 mi)
of routine driving. As the vehicle is driven,
the mechanical systems adjust to provide
optimal fuel economy and transmission shift
performance.
Electrical systems will adapt and calibrate
during the break-in period. A one-time
occurrence of clicks and similar vehicle
noises is normal during this process.

Since that time, the oddball stuff disappeared, so far for good. Hopefully that is what you experienced. If not, you know where the dealer is.

After 6,400 km, or a little before that, I noticed a marked increase in power and gas mileage. This coincides with my switch to premium gas so can't say which caused the big improvement and am not inclined to go back to regular to find out LOL
Thanks for that information Rick. I had about 3,000 miles on it when it happened. I've put nothing but regular in mine and average 32mpg. Performance has been good with exception to above incident. Still waiting on my heated seats!

ricklack

Reaction score
Thanks for that information Rick. I had about 3,000 miles on it when it happened. I've put nothing but regular in mine and average 32mpg. Performance has been good with exception to above incident. Still waiting on my heated seats!
Check the MyGM website for your car or call the dealer. The heated seat modules are available now. I have a recall notice to get the heated seat module on the website. I called the dealer and am waiting for the part to arrive.

Members online

No members online now.