2022 Equinox Nav error : SD Card Removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricklack

Reaction score
My failure began June 6, I forgot to post in this forum - so here is the issue with posts separated, hope it makes more sense that way. first post Jun 6:

Dealer says it is a known issue with a TSB - #PIT5913 Dated May 6, 2022. Document ID 6071296.

Almost all GM models are impacted, model years 2021 &2022 - but the Equinox and Terrain affected are only 2022. It includes all VINs.

It is most commonly an intermittent issue, in my case it is a hard error. Nav will not load as it does not detect the inserted SD card with the maps it needs.

"GM says engineering has identified the cause of the issue and is working on updated software to remedy this situation."

ricklack

Reaction score
Update from Aug 16- dealer said they had the software update to fix the problem so I took it in. After updating I get the same error. So they are ordering an SD card.

Seems to me that was the first thing they should have done, as mine is a hard error, not the intermittent error the TSB refers to. Anyway, they say they will have it in 5 days, we'll see what happens then.

ricklack

Reaction score
Finally resolved Aug 20- Went in yesterday and they popped the new SD card in, that fixed it. No more clearing the error every time I start the car, and the Nav works again.

So ................ if they had simply followed the TSB this would have been fixed 2 months ago. TSB addresses intermittent issues, it said if a hard failure like mine they should follow normal troubleshooting procedure - which is replace SD card first. I may not be so kind in my survey on this repair.

Guess I am ahead of the game, I shouldn't get the intermittent failure the TSB refers to in the future since I already have the software fix applied.

Last edited:

ricklack

Reaction score
Final (hopefully) update:

I did reply to the survey on the service for this issue and was bluntly honest. Almost immediately the service manager called and agreed 100% with me and said he would use my email as a training tool and example of how not listening to a customer can cause poor service. He also gave me a $40 credit to compensate for having to buy car data for my trip in July.

I was thinking i may have to change dealers for service but Dave restored my faith in this dealer. At least for now .....

Silverdeer

Reaction score
It does not just affect the 2021 and 2022. I have a 2020 Premier and mine just started doing it. I am still in factory warranty though.

SteveK

Reaction score
My 2019 just sent this SD card removed message. Nav was working fine, I pressed Android auto to get Nav off phone. After disconnecting phone this message came up. activate android auto and phone Nav works.
Thinking the switching between the two is what stopped.

Slp

Reaction score
Had the same problem in my 22 RS. Dealer replac3d the sad card and no problem since.

Members online