2019 Tranny Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefPJP

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Equinox 1.5T FWD, about 60K miles. Tranny recently serviced at a good reputable shop.
Starting from a stop, I get what seems to be some significant slippage/rumbling typically if I am accelerating uphill from a start. It clears once the car gets going and does not happen on flat surfaces or if going downhill from a stop.
Could this be a bad or failing torque converter? If so...approximately what would be the price range to repair/replace.
Any other possible problem aside from TC?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Did you check the fluid level since it was serviced? I am wondering if it isn't full and going uphill makes the fluid flow away from whatever is rumbling.

ChiefPJP

Reaction score
It's a sealed unit...have to be underneath to check the level...I can't dothay.

Chevyenginox

Reaction score
The rumbling could be a torque converter, but I generally find that happens in the highest gear or overdrive. I still think you should have the fluid level checked like the other poster suggested.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Why not do a drain and fill off the trans fluid. It’s not difficult and if you have the ability to do it yourself it should cost you about $30-$40. I just did mine and it was pretty easy. Hardest part was filling because you either need a long feline funnel or cut 1 funnel and use a 2nd to make it long enough and slim enough to fit.

markgws6

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with the 9 speed tranny and it was slipping in like 2-3rd shifts (not on a hill and no rumbling) and it didn't matter if the car was cold or already being driven. If it sat too long in one spot and then drive, it would happen. I've since had the trans fluid leak and I just had the transmission cooler/AC condenser unit replaced. I'll have to see if it slips anymore, as I just got the car back today.

Members online

No members online now.