2015 LT First Impressions and Warranty Punchlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeanCG

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the welcome in the member intro section! I have owned my Equinox for slightly less than a week and am very happy with it. Love the ride - it's very comfortable - but I still feel that I get good road input. I traded in a 2011 Silverado pickup for this vehicle, so although reviewers rate the Equinox more highly for comfort than handling, in comparison to the pickup, I find it handles great!

Some minor issues that I'd like to address with dealer service:

1. The driver's well carpeting is not properly anchored under the door sill trim, I've had to stick it back in. It's a little annoying, but it can be easily fixed. I think I read either on this forum or elsewhere that there is a known issue with this piece of carpet having been cut a little too short?

2. Door misalignment - On both sides of the vehicle, the doors are slightly misaligned relative to each other and to the front and rear quarter panels. The misalignment is enough so that it's noticeable in that the ridge in the sheet metal that runs from the front to the back of the vehicle is not quite even. The front doors are also a little off relative to the dashboard, i.e., a ridge on each door seems to sit lower than what should be a corresponding ridge on the dashboard. In comparison to the Silverado (or at least to my Silverado), The Equinox falls a little short in this area.

Question: As to the carpet, I'm sure the fix will be straightforward, but as to the door misalignment, is there enough adjustment in the doors for a competent tech/bodyman to remedy the problem? Part of me thinks I'm being too picky, but I'd like to make it right.

Thank you!

Sean

Members online

No members online now.