2013 Equinox, Snow Chains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voxorg

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I have recently acquired a used 2013 Equinox (replacing a previous vehicle after it was totalled), although "recent" is relative since I haven't done much driving this year for the obvious reason.

I am being transferred from the southern part of the US where snow is only seen on TV, to the northern part where snow chains are considered essential - or required - equipment. Dealing with snow chains is a wholly new thing for me.

I've been trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of useful information. The manual doesn't cover the topic at all, and it's not hard to find "get the right thing or you'll destroy your tires and/or body".

Is there anything particular to the Equinox that I should be aware of, or am I overthinking it?

The vehicle is FWD, my tires are 225/65R17, and I'm looking at the SCC SZ127 Super Z6, which appears to fit the vehicle and seems to be relatively easy to install/remove.

Basically I'd like to solicit a second opinion that these chains/(cables) are a) the correct size/whatever-is-appropriate, and b) they aren't going to cause damage to the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

Members online