2013 equinox oil leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvairbob

Reaction score
i have the 2013 equinox and i have a few issues. 1 is the oil pan leaking at the back next to the trans. it leaked before i had it apart for an overhaul and then i put it back on with red rtv but that failed. so i took it off and used permatex 29132 and it is still leaking at the trans area. the dipstick also leaks and i put in a new o ring and used some of that permatex as well. so the pan either has a warped section at the back or it has a crack in it at the back. so does anyone have a fix for this? if not then i guess my next move is installing a gasket. and then jb welding the dipstick at the pan.

another issue i have yet is when the engine is good and warm and in the eco mode at stops it surges, i did a relearn 2 times and that failed. if i push just a bit on the gas it idles just fine. so what i think is going on is the trans in eco mode is losing oil pressure and the engine surges and then slows down because of the ecu telling it to do so. then as it was idling faster the trans pressure goes up and then when the engine was told to slow down the trans loses pressure and this cycles over and over. so what i'm thinking of doing is installing a screw in the TB to hold the plate open just a bit so the ecu can't close the plate to cause the engine to again slow down.

so does anyone have a fix for this? or does the trans losing pressure in eco mode sound about right? thanks

corvairbob

Reaction score
can't hage the tranny fluid because it is so bad if i change it it may just blow the tranny.

Members online