2013 2.4 oil burning engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvairbob

Reaction score
ok guys i tore my engine down put in new rings and rod bearings and crank seals. plus i did that pvc update they have a youtube on. that puls lots of vacuum i have to admit. but i still have about a quart a week of oil use. but it might just be the rings need to seat some. plus as luck would have it there is an oil leak now at the engine tans area. maybe the rear main may be the torque converter seal if it does not stop or gets worse i will get a new seal and get a ready seal repair kit and install the repair kit and a new seal. i have had a couple of seals fail. that happens but it has to be the hard one to repair. but it is not leaking a quart a week. and it very well may stop. i have had that happen also.

so if i have the oil leak continue what other engine that gm did not have oil issues with can i get to install? my guess is a 2018 or newer or maybe 2008 to 2010 may work. i may be able to find one in the junkyards and swap it out in a weekend. would be easier than reworking this one again.

so what years would i look for that would be a direct fit for this 2013 2.4 ? thanks

Reaction score
Had a 2011 Equinox 4 banger that would consume oil if driven at 70 or better. If kept at 65, no prob. The 2019 4 banger Turbo I traded it in on has 18K on the clock an so far all is good.

corvairbob

Reaction score
thanks. i have re-ringed the engine did the YT video pvc update and the much-needed timing chain and balancer shafts chains, plus a water pump and the rear main seal plus the trans input shaft seal. and like i asked if it fails to stop i guess the next engine to pu in this car would be the 2019 Ecotec. so like you, i may wind up lifting the radiator cap a bit and driving a 2019 or newer car under that cap and lower the cap back down to the radiator.

i did that with a 2011 Hyundai sonata hybrid that was guaranteed to get 40 mpg on the highway but failed, the best mpg that got was when i lifted the radiator cap and parked a 2013 Cruze under it and rove away.

i have not yet heard how that new leak has turned out. she did tell me the other day she put some cardboard under the car and she did not see any oil on it so maybe that oil was from when i put the converter back in and because it was full it may have leaked some out into the bellhouse and it was working its way out. maybe this week she will get back to me with a good update. also i do not yet know how the oil use is doing. if it is the same or if it has let up some. thanks bp

Members online