2012 Equinox-Blank Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old_Brewer

Reaction score
The display on my 2012 Equinox went blank, after a brief stop at a gas station. It was working fine, the backup camera image worked 1 hour earlier, while at the grocery store. Now there is no backup camera image, no radio, time/date info, nothing.
After about 15 minutes of the engine being off, I went out and started the engine. The display is working, the radio information is present, and the time/date info shows when I turn the radio off.
Is there a fix for this problem? I don't want to wait for an intermittent problem to become a permanent problem.
Thanks

billyblackview

Reaction score
Infotainment system problems

Hello Old_Brewer!
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I've been having issues too!
They are so common that I've been capturing them on video because sometimes I don't believe it myself!
Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTM5ftU2EoFTzkBWEUaYV1UvwjGOrLm7

I'm bringing the vehicle to the dealer tomorrow and maybe they will fix it.... this will be the 4th time I've brought it in for the same problem. It seems all they will do is provide a software update but that hasn't resolved my issue in the past.

Good luck!

Bullwinkle056

Reaction score
The backup camera on my 2012 Equinox went down for the count today. It had been sometimes not working for the past six months but now it doesn't come on at all. I wonder if its the switch in the gearshift that is causing this problem. Seeing others with display issues however now makes me wonder if it's in the display. Anyone else have their backup camera go out?

Members online

No members online now.