2012 air bag sensors question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66goat

Reaction score
Hi all, I have fixed a front hit 2012 and all that is left is to replace air bags. Driver, passenger dash, and left and right side impact bags that run along from the front pillar and along the headliner sides. I have purchased the bags and have sent the module out to be reset. My question is, when I go to order sensors there are 2 separate front sensors which I understand but there are also 4 more sensors, supposedly 1 in each front door and 1 in each rear door. 2 are called side impact sensors which are the same sensor as the fronts, and 2 are called side impact rear sensors which are different from the ones used in the fronts. Does anyone have any experience with these that could give me some guidance on the difference between the rear sensors so I order the correct ones and best way to access the ones they say are in the doors. I would imagine I am pulling door panels to access them. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimbo h3

Reaction score
Airbag sensors

Did you ever get an answer. I have the same question.

Members online