2011 chev equinox awd v6 steering noise!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhayne

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to this site as I just purchased 2011 equinox.. Been to the garage 3 times now with noise in front end at idle chattering noise in steering that they say chev engineering says it's just normal in the v6 engine not the 4 cyl anyone have this issue

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yes! All of the v6 engines make this noise with the 3.0 and 3.6 engines, it is normal and the noise lessens as the vehicle warms up.

It's coming from the high pressure fuel pump and injectors turning on & off. The high pressure fuel pump is located by the 3rd cylinder head.

In the TSB it says: "Not to replace any parts for this issue".

Apparently, it is a bad thing if your vehicle doesn't make these noises on cold start.

Welcome to the site!

Jhayne

Reaction score
ok thanks yeah they replaced the power steeing pump and no difference.. whats the v6 like compared to the 4cyl much power differnce?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well, if you went to a 4cyl and you currently like the power you have then it would most likely be a regrettable decision.

If you never had the v6 and had a 4cyl then the 4cyl would suffice. I couldn't live without the v6 and wish I had a 2012+ with the v6 3.6!

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Well, if you went to a 4cyl and you currently like the power you have then it would most likely be a regrettable decision.

If you never had the v6 and had a 4cyl then the 4cyl would suffice. I couldn't live without the v6 and wish I had a 2012+ with the v6 3.6!

Couldn't agree more!

Members online

No members online now.