2010 Equinox V6/LT/AWD Power Steering Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyi1

Reaction score
Hi all - I have a 2010 Equinox AWD LT with 3.0 V6 that has had the power steering go out at ~48K miles. There are no signs of leaks & the PS fluid reservoir has the right amount of fluid (full). There are no warning lights that have gone on, there are no strange noises...simply that it requires muscle to steer at all speeds. I've looked online for advice but it all applies to the 4 cylinder models having a failed midi fuse (80A) linked to a electric power steering motor. The fusebox in the 6 cylinder doesn't even have the 80A fuse so that would confirm the V6 doesn't use the electric PS motor. Before I end up taking it to the repair shop, was hoping someone had some advice/insights they could share...thanks!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this being an issue with the 4 cylinders let alone the v6. I do know there was a time around 70-80k that ours was acting a little sluggish so I replaced the existing fluid with AMsoil synthetic and it has been easier than it was from the factory.

Keep us updated with any progress with this issue!

Svard75

Reaction score
The V6 has belt driven power steering pump. Try bleeding the system. Verify the fluid is at max cold level. Turn the car on and turn the wheel from stop to stop 20 times. Then recheck the fluid level. Repeat 2 more times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.