2010 equinox timing chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firetender

Reaction score
hello, I am a newbie to the group and looks like an excellent resource!

I have a 2010 equinox with nearly 47,000 miles (belonged to my Mom).
20 hours after dealer servicing recently for basic oil change, rotation etc., the engine light displays on dash and excess noise from engine?!
After stopping immediately and checking oil, the dealer recommends I drive in for diagnosis and indicates a knock sensor code! Mechanic is excellent and confirmed that rattle volume was not my imagination!

Does anyone have any input or comments on the severe history of timing chain defects please and recommendation for next steps? Very appreciated!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
hello, I am a newbie to the group and looks like an excellent resource!

I have a 2010 equinox with nearly 47,000 miles (belonged to my Mom).
20 hours after dealer servicing recently for basic oil change, rotation etc., the engine light displays on dash and excess noise from engine?!
After stopping immediately and checking oil, the dealer recommends I drive in for diagnosis and indicates a knock sensor code! Mechanic is excellent and confirmed that rattle volume was not my imagination!

Does anyone have any input or comments on the severe history of timing chain defects please and recommendation for next steps? Very appreciated!

Welcome to the site! Sounds like it could be the timing chain. If you are every leary of driving a GM vehicle into the dealership, you can call the roudside assistance number on the window and when they ask about the warranty you can tell them yes, even if it's not under warranty they will still tow it.

I did this and we were not charge. It wasn't with a 'Nox but it was a GM.

Members online