2010 equinox odometer shows dashes ---------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlipome

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for any suggestions. We have a 2010 Equinox LT AWD. I just did a transmission swap from my wife's vehicle into another 2010 Equinox LT AWD. Wife's original vehicle had 147k and was having engine issues, needed new cats and so on. Found same vehicle as hers that needed a transmission but had half the miles. Swapped out transmission and awd differential. New to us car odometer was working prior to swap. Now it shows ----- for both odometer and trip odometer. Everything else works. Speedometer both digital and analog, everything else on the display functions as it should. The car runs and drives well. All transmission functions work, manual shifts too. Cruise control works. I tried swapping the gauge cluster and the same ----- displayed for the odometer. The battery was disconnected for awhile while I did the transmission swap. I have since disconnected it and held the terminals together for a few minutes. Nothing changed. No engine codes are showing. Any tips? It appears all wiring was reconnected. I'm at a loss. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20231001_180905.jpg
    20231001_180905.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1

tlipome

Reaction score
Thank you, I will check it. It is bizarre because both vehicles odometers were operational before the transmission swap. I'm wondering if I missed a connector somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.