2010 Equinox 48,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johns4949

Reaction score
What is involved in the dealer transmission service, is it just a fluid replacement ?

When should the coolant be flushed normally ?

Does the power steering fluid need to be flushed ?

Should the brake fluid be flushed at any interval ?

Thanks

John

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Which engine do you have?

I think the tranny is filter and fluid but I might be confused with my truck. Whichever of them that a serviced had a screw on filter like a oil filter.

Everything else to me sounds like you are good for another 50k miles. Just check levels and top it off.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Ok, I will get under mine and do a little info searching for ya! I need to figure this out since I am right there with you!

prheaume

Reaction score
Don't know for yours, but mine with 90 000 km (56 000 miles) is ready to get a tranny fluid service as we are in severe condition (high and low temp). I checked with the dealer and it was way too expensive.

I've found a little garage where the owner is a 11 years Chevy tech who will do it for me with the OEM filter for 150$. Dealer asked more than 300$ for the same service.

johns4949

Reaction score
Yes all done transmission fluid was changed, the other fluids were ok. Thanks for your responses.

Members online

No members online now.