2010 2.4L Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartman

Reaction score
I bought a used 2010 Equinox with 93k. All was good until 103k. Driving one mile from the house and all went to Hell...

I know have a Cylinder 2 misfire code. I did a compression test and results were (done cold):

#1 170
#2 0
#3 180
#4 170

I then did a wet compression on two and got 10. I am thinking (hoping it is nothing cracked/broken) either a valve or head gasket.

I am probably just going to pull the engine as it is small and doesn't look to complicated to get apart at least compared to the to the Powerstrokes I normally work on.

My question for all who have had similar issues is this:

Since I have it and am going to fix the dead cylinder issue (whatever it may be) do I just go ahead and re-ring it and change the timing chain assembly?

Has anyone done anything similar and have any insights about weird nuisances that are involved with this motor?

The parts on RockAuto are only like $140 and from what I have read people have issues with them all the time. I also read all about about the lawsuits and found out that I am too late to qualify for them.

Members online

No members online now.