2007 coolant issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2007 Equinox LT AWD.

Drained coolant at radiator pepcock. Flushed with water, heat on high, fan on high, bled at bleeder valve by water pump.

Drained at radiator pepcock again. Removed thermostat, replaced gasket and water pipe. Flushed with water, heat on high, fan on high, bled at bleeder valve by water pump.

Drained at pepcock and removed lower hose to make sure all was out. New thermostat, upper and lower hoses. Filled with 50/50 Dexcool and bled at bleeder with heat on high and fan on high.

Manual says a little over 2.5 gallons of coolant but I only got about 1.25 gallons in.

Cabin heat has never been hotter. I feel like I would burn my hand if I kept it in front of the vent for too long.

Drove for at least 15 minutes at ~60mph with heat on full, heat off/fan off, vent open(cool setting, not AC)/fan high. Temperature gauge right where it always is, normal operating level.

Any thoughts and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.