2007 Chevrolet Equinox vacuum hose? Some kind of hose (see photos) was not attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

logchamom

Reaction score
I just purchased this car and notice a "noise" - we discovered a hose was not attached and upon further inspection it appears that someone had glued it where it was broken

Can anyone tell me what this is called? I don't have any problem changing stuff out myself but am having a hard time figuring out what this is.
The photos are pretty self explanatory of what I am trying to find out - but in case it is not
Can I just replace the hose?
If not, what is the piece called that it attaches to?

Attachments

• IMG_20160512_090029300_HDR-picsay.jpg
    IMG_20160512_090029300_HDR-picsay.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20160512_090013945_HDR-picsay.jpg
    IMG_20160512_090013945_HDR-picsay.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11

gib

Reaction score
My best guess, part of the fuel system vapor recovery. look for a diagram on the radiator support or on-line. I have the 2.4L so mine is different.

Svard75

Reaction score
I just purchased this car and notice a "noise" - we discovered a hose was not attached and upon further inspection it appears that someone had glued it where it was broken

Can anyone tell me what this is called? I don't have any problem changing stuff out myself but am having a hard time figuring out what this is.
The photos are pretty self explanatory of what I am trying to find out - but in case it is not
Can I just replace the hose?
If not, what is the piece called that it attaches to?

Looks to me like the PCV return hose, however the broken part may actually be a part of the throttle body. Just go to a Chevy dealer and walk through the part with them, they have blown up diagrams of every part.

Members online