19" Factory Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rathmullan

Reaction score
I'm wondering if those of you who have 19" rims (and 235x50 tires) on recent model year Equinox could comment on handling/road noise characteristics. Thank You in advance.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Hi, Rathmullan;

I have the 19" rims and all-season blackwall tires (P235/50R19). I've had my '24 Equinox a little over a month and have put 1,000 miles on, and so far, I find the handling to be great. I live in Florida and have driven it through a couple of our afternoon downpours with no issues. As for road noise, I have no complaints. It's at least as quiet as my last car (an '11 Impala) was.

ricklack

Reaction score
I have 19s on my RS and am impressed with them. There is a VERY slight stiffer ride, as compared to the 17" snow tires/wheels, but that's no surprise.

The handling is excellent and I was surprised the Hankkok Kinergy GT's were so quiet and worked great in the rain. I heard a lot of negative comments about Hankook and had low expectations. However, they are wearing way too fast, and since they cost @ $440 CAD each, I will not be buying them this summer. 2 summers and only @ 40,000km on them. They might have another month or 2 left in them o_O

StuBlue

Reaction score
19s on my RS and it rides just fine, very quiet, but I've never driven the Equinox on the 17s so don't know exactly how to compare them.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
I heard a lot of negative comments about Hankook and had low expectations. However, they are wearing way too fast, and since they cost @ $440 CAD each, I will not be buying them this summer. 2 summers and only @ 40,000km on them. They might have another month or 2 left in them o_O
EEK. I am unfamiliar with the brand, but that is also what I have. But if they're that expensive and wear that quickly, i will definitely be rotating them often.

ricklack

Reaction score
EEK. I am unfamiliar with the brand, but that is also what I have. But if they're that expensive and wear that quickly, i will definitely be rotating them often.
Always a good idea to rotate regularly. So you know, my tires have been rotated every oil change since new. And they still wear like crap. My Michelin X-Ice snows have more miles than the Hankooks, yet they are not wearing nearly as fast.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I have 19's and the ride quality is good and it doesn't add to the road noise. Mine came with junk tires. Kenda, they are hard and offer little traction.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Always a good idea to rotate regularly. So you know, my tires have been rotated every oil change since new. And they still wear like crap. My Michelin X-Ice snows have more miles than the Hankooks, yet they are not wearing nearly as fast.
I rotate my tires every oil change as well. I’m currently using Goodyear Weatheready on my LT as the northeast can get snow. And I think they are wearing pretty well so far.

Vondoman

Reaction score
I have an 2020 Equinox Premier w/ 19” wheels. I’m trying to narrow-down tires that are the quietest. Many that rate as very quiet tires, don’t come in 19’s!
The ones that I’ve narrowed it down to are:
* Yokohama Avid Ascend GT
* Michelin Defender 2
* Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive
* Cooper Pro Control
All are between $200-$259 each.
I’m leaning toward the Michelin’s @ $250
I’d really like to go one size wider but tire stores don’t want to order tires that they’ll have to send back to the distributor.
Has anyone gone one size wider?
Tks

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.