07 equinox cooling system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

completelystumped

Reaction score
my wife has an 07 equinox with 80k miles on it. Wife called me three months ago saying it was overheating. Noticed fan wasn't turning so I unplugged the connector cleaned it and plugged it back in. It started running no problem.

Took it to shop and they said thermostat and replaced it. Didnt overheat during testing or for three months.

Fast forward to yesterday and wife is sitting in a drivethrough line and temp gauge spikes and car doesnt want to run due to heat.

Get there and fan isnt running. Unplug and plug it back in fan starts running. Engine instantly runs cool and no problem.

Any idea what this may be?

completelystumped

Reaction score
Would it be smart to just replace all the fan relays just to be safe? Unsure how to check the fuses except the for pulling them out and making sure they aren't blown

prheaume

Reaction score
what about a coolant temp sensor ? on my ex-mazda protegé I had a similar problem, two wires on the sensor, one was cuted but still sending signal when the two parts of the wire touched.

Members online