Cooling system flow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavell

Reaction score
My torrent has odd cooling system performance.
i can drive nonstop and heat is fine.
if I stop the hot vents soon go cool.
if I drive with ac in summer and stop, the temp gauge starts to rise.
i have never seen it overheat While moving 10mph and above
raising idle to 1200 rpm or higher makes temp gauge drop.
can a blocked radiator have any effect on heating issue?
do I have a clogged radiator issue?
my temps rise using ac when stopped and heat goes away when stopped. How are they linked? Heat and ac?

Last edited:

ralexand88

Reaction score
The car is notorious for head gasket and intake manifold gaskets. I would suggest fixing the later but they both take a good deal of work to tear the engine down to the level needed.

gkala

Reaction score
I had these same symptoms on my 2008 with the 3.4. Ended up being the head gaskets. Do a combustion leak test. Very simple to do and will tell you for sure if you have a head gasket leak. Don't wait for it to get worse, because it will.

cavell

Reaction score
Flushed cooling system. Seems stable now. Then last week temp gauge said cool but scan tool said it was normal. Next day temp gauge said ok. I’ve been driving it a bit but not daily and it seems ok. But, I have water in system. No antifreeze. I think heat is ok at idle. Hard to check with 70 deg temps. Maybe I can use ac a bit and see how it does at drive thru. What a fair price for it? I want it gone. 160k miles. So so tires. No damage.

Members online