Infotainment Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAS8253

Reaction score
Issue with receiving text messages on my 2017 Equinox. Whenever someone sends a text, it shows multiple people on the text even though it is only 1 person texting.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
You sure that 1 person did not send out a group text?

FAS8253

Reaction score
Yes. Text is from 1 person to just me but several names show on my screen

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Yes. Text is from 1 person to just me but several names show on my screen
That's an indication of that 1 person sending out a group message. I'd verify with that particular person and check to see if that was a group message or not

FAS8253

Reaction score
Already been thru all that. It was 1 person sending a text to just me

davem

Reaction score
This is a reach, but I'll suggest it anyway. Does the phone number, for the person who sent you the text message, also appear in your Contacts (Address Book) for the other people showing up on the screen?

davem

Reaction score
I believe this is normal behavior for receiving phone calls & text messages. Here is my example. I have a phone number, in my contacts, for my local hospital. The 2 doctors, who have offices at that hospital, use the same outgoing number as the hospital. When a call from this phone number comes in, my phone or infotainment center shows all 3 contacts as the possible caller, since they use the same phone number. I believe this is why you are seeing multiple contacts on your screen. Can anyone else confirm this?

Members online

No members online now.