2023 Equinox Infotainment Center Rebooting Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadioHead

Reaction score
My wife bought a brand new 2023 Equinox LT (May 2023) with 8 inch display, no Bose or Navigation system and almost immediately the first day the radio stopped and the system rebooted. We thought it as a quirk until it started happening far more frequently. Most times it would have a loud buzzing sound while frozen then screen would go blank and reboot. My wife kept a lengthy log of the occurrences, hundreds of times.

We took it to our local GM dealer twice. They claim an after market Karr Alarm/recovery system installed by the dealer (We had no say, all their cars on the lot got this) needs to be removed. It was probably interfering with the infotainment system. I did some research and most people complained about this system. We went back to our Chevy dealer of purchase and made them remove it and refund the cost of the original system install from the sticker price. Note each time we took the car in, the system was cleared and S/W reinstalled with the latest version.

It still cut out and rebooted. Now it would do this sometimes four times in a couple miles. We took it in again to our local GM dealer and they said it's a known issue with no current fix. So they turned us away. Then I joined this forum for answers.

My wife opened a case with GM and they looked into it and refused us a replacement car. They were very nice and helpful and always easy to reach out to and get a quick response from our agent. They also followed up well. We decided to start the Lemon Law process and then the our local GM dealer suggested to bring it back in when his Expert Electrical technician was in. We did.

They tech had the car a couple days and said he's ordering us a new radio. I read online most times that did nothing. However, after the install of a "refurbished" radio we got the car back and noticed a difference in appearance of the GUI and other things, and the graphics are different when it boots when we first turn on the car. So far it's been a few weeks and no problems at all. All is working well.

The dealer never said what the issue was. I imagine it's due to some sort of compatibility of firmware and software issue of some sort. All I know is it's now working.

I will say again the GM case worker was excellent. She didn't blow us off and just gave us what GM would or would not do and other options to pursue. She would frequently call or E-mail my wife to see how things were going. Very pleased with that.

ricklack

Reaction score
Nice that you got it resolved, it shouldn't have been this hard though.

Members online