2020 Equinox infotainment problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bidwell13

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Equinox and when I’m driving my car for over 30min my infotainment system starts messing up. The music starts cutting out then it shuts off. Sometimes it will come back on after about 5mins or I have to shut the car off and start it up again to get the screen to work. Happens quite often since I have to travel long distances to doctors appointments a few times a month. I can’t recreate it for the repair shop so it’s hard to get it repaired.

Papo

Reaction score
Hi,Bidwell13
I got a similar problem with my 2018 infotainment ,The screen goes black and the radio don’t work at all. Sometimes goes for a few minutes other times for hours or days . First time that happen the rear view camera was working , it haven work at all since then ,I get a message to get the camera service .I pay my local Chevy dealer $190 for a diagnostic and they said is the infotainment screen and it will cost $990 to replaced . Plese let me now if you find a solution, Becouse i am not goin to pay $990 for a sreen and posibly $150 or more for the camara becouse the dealer tell me that the screen may not fix the problem.

ricklack

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Equinox and when I’m driving my car for over 30min my infotainment system starts messing up. The music starts cutting out then it shuts off. Sometimes it will come back on after about 5mins or I have to shut the car off and start it up again to get the screen to work. Happens quite often since I have to travel long distances to doctors appointments a few times a month. I can’t recreate it for the repair shop so it’s hard to get it repaired.
It sounds like a heat related issue - most likely with the radio unit. Does it seem worse on a hot day?

Tonuch

Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 2021 Equinox radio. It would randomly go blank , sometimes for a minute or two. Then come back on. This would happen several times on a short 8 to 10 mile trip. Dealer finally figured it out, there is a communications module under the radio that gets radio signal, Bluetooth, WiFi etc. They replaced it and now my radio works correctly.
Dealer had to wait 5 weeks for the part to arrive due to chip shortage.

Packnbeer

Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 2021 Equinox radio. It would randomly go blank , sometimes for a minute or two. Then come back on. This would happen several times on a short 8 to 10 mile trip. Dealer finally figured it out, there is a communications module under the radio that gets radio signal, Bluetooth, WiFi etc. They replaced it and now my radio works correctly.
mine goes out after a couple hours on the road and then after 2 or 3 minutes, comes back on. Not a big deal except when I am using android auto, I temporarily lose my maps /directions. It's annoying and problematic when navigating in hectic traffic. Did they say the module they replaced was a heat related issue as I'm sure that's what my issue is. My Equinox is a 2020 LT

Bidwell13

Reaction score
It sounds like a heat related issue - most likely with the radio unit. Does it seem worse on a hot day?
Doesn’t matter what the temp is outside. If I drive it for more than an hour at a time it happens.

Bidwell13

Reaction score
Mine happens when I’m on the road for more than an hour which is an issue cause I’m usually using the maps on the screen to see where I’m going. How much did they charge to replace the module? My nearest reputable dealer is half an hour away. I have one in my town but they aren’t that good. They screwed up my Captiva and blamed it on us and our regular shop we go to.

Last edited:

tem3

Reaction score
The Infotainment system in my 2019 Premier has been glitchy ever since I purchased it (new). Especially with my android phone connection and Android Auto. I can tell there will be issues when the GPS has a red circle with a cross line displayed (see picture). 20231210_113500.jpg

Members online

No members online now.