2020 Equinox Headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamastone78

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I bought a 2020 Equinox in October and love it. I have the halogen projector headlamps. I am looking to switch to LED bulbs. I just ordered Auxito LED's on Amazon. Am I going to be happy? Am I still going to get that crisp clean line like I do now? Am I going to end up blinding other drivers? I don't want that.

scchevelle468

Reaction score
Unfortunately you are going to have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to get what you actually want. The Morimoto two-stroke 3.0 or the GTR Ultra 2 is what you want. Each of those is over $200 a pair.
I just converted my LTZ projectors to 50 W HID low beams, and have just discovered that one of my reflectors is not as shiny as it needs to be and the light will need to be replaced to get rid of the dark spot on the road, so be prepared for that kind of problem. For the wiring hassle and trouble that I spent I would have been better off to buy LEDs.

scchevelle468

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I bought a 2020 Equinox in October and love it. I have the halogen projector headlamps. I am looking to switch to LED bulbs. I just ordered Auxito LED's on Amazon. Am I going to be happy? Am I still going to get that crisp clean line like I do now? Am I going to end up blinding other drivers? I don't want that.
No matter which bulbs you choose, you will need to make sure your headlights are adjusted properly and not aimed up to high off the ground. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show you exactly how to do that based on marks on the headlamp itself.

adamastone78

Reaction score
No matter which bulbs you choose, you will need to make sure your headlights are adjusted properly and not aimed up to high off the ground. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show you exactly how to do that based on marks on the headlamp itself.
Thank you!!!!

Vondoman

Reaction score
I changed only my fog lights to Auxito LED and love em. They were amber from the factory.
Do you want to change the high/low beam to LED because if the halogen’s heat? Just wondered your reason.
Tks!

adamastone78

Reaction score
I changed only my fog lights to Auxito LED and love em. They were amber from the factory.
Do you want to change the high/low beam to LED because if the halogen’s heat? Just wondered your reason.
Tks!
I changed them because I don't like the yellow-ish color of the regular halogen. I absolutely LOVE my LED's now.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I would have recommended the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs. It's not legal to use LED bulbs for low beam operation. Only in Fog Lamps on road driven vehicles.

adamastone78

Reaction score
I would have recommended the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs. It's not legal to use LED bulbs for low beam operation. Only in Fog Lamps on road driven vehicles.
I've use the Silver Stars in other vehicles and they don't last. Love the color, but don't like them because they don't last.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I've use the Silver Stars in other vehicles and they don't last. Love the color, but don't like them because they don't last.
you do know they have a five year guarantee? And if you're having a problem with bulb longevity you may want to check wiring and grounds.

Members online

No members online now.