Blanked Infotainment Stays Lit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow Learner

Reaction score
I have suffered several of the infotainment glitches described elsewhere, with no help from the local dealer. (My car is a 2019 Equinox Premier 2.0T, which was a fleet car before we bought it. It has ~50,000 miles.)
But tonight, when my wife turned the car off, the blanked screen glowed grey even though everything else was off and dark. I started the car, but of course could not reset the infotainment system because it's blank. Can't get to Settings.
I anticipate a dead battery in the morning.
Suggestions? Other than disconnect the battery.
What's going on?

Slow Learner

Reaction score
Update: Supposedly, GM Service Bulletin 19-NA-279 addresses this issue (generally) with a software update. Since the bulletin was issued in 2020 I would think it'd been applied to my Equinox already. Local auto repair (whom I trust) said it must be applied by local Chevy dealer (whom I don't). Sigh.
So far, the battery lasts through the night, though I drive it to keep it charged.
Did I meant I can't get it serviced until next week because said local Chevy dealer gave their mechanics the week off?

Members online

No members online now.