Info screen goes blank and battery goes dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeydriver

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2019 Equinox Premier with 53K miles. I've had this problem crop up about three times in the last three months. I hear a "pop" through the speakers and the entire info system goes dark. Backup camera does not work and the digital readout of the speedometer goes away. I then parked it in garage, came out three days later and the battery was dead as a doornail. Battery was new in September of 2022 and now reads as good when tested. When battery was installed it threw a code which I cannot remember but it basically said the little sensor on the positive terminal was not regulating battery charge properly. ???? Shop cleared it but didn't really know what it meant. Not sure if this has anything to do with current problem. However, when I jump the battery to start the car everything starts working again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott Whorton

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
the battery sensor monitors charge at the battery and tells the system how to adjust the charge based on readings. It could be that the sensor is bad. It sounds like they system is not charging properly.

Members online

No members online now.