2007 Equinox Rear Hatch Won't Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkearns10

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

1st Gen Equinox here, looking to fix this issue before selling this car.

I've done some research on this and it seems it's either one of three things: 1) A fuse at the board (which I do not know). - 2) The entire lock actuator part that is likely faulty electrical connection. or 3) The OEM switch that activates the lock actuator.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this or remedying this? Or any recommendations on how I can go about troubleshooting the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you so much!!

95-007

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

1st Gen Equinox here, looking to fix this issue before selling this car.

I've done some research on this and it seems it's either one of three things: 1) A fuse at the board (which I do not know). - 2) The entire lock actuator part that is likely faulty electrical connection. or 3) The OEM switch that activates the lock actuator.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this or remedying this? Or any recommendations on how I can go about troubleshooting the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you so much!!
Hello, If the other door lock actuators operate, the fuse is likely good but, replace it anyway. I have seen fuses experience near operate current, not open but become resistive thus, limiting current. The other lock actuators may still operate, but sound weak. The fuse block is on the forward console, lower right hand side where the passengers left foot would rest. In the lower right quadrant of that panel, the fuse should be labled, (on the inside of the cover) as DR LK.
If it's necessary to try and get access to the latch to manually spring the door, the only way possible would be to carefully try to peel the inner panel down from the top.
The rear hatch inner panel is held at the bottom with 2 screw fasteners. Normally, once those are removed, the rest of the panel is held by trim snap fasteners. Those 2 screw fasteners are not accessable with the hatch closed. You may try to unsnap the panel from the top down, and maybe there may be enough room with the trim held open to release the door latch manually. Although I've never tried it, to my eye, this seems to be the only likely way to get the hatch open manually.

Members online

No members online now.